Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023/2024: Applications are requested from suitably qualified candidates for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada for the 2023/2024 application cycle. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally who possess the potential to positively contribute to the economic, social and research-based growth advancement of the country.
The Fellowship seeks to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their potential as well as position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow. Being awarded the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada will afford the researcher the opportunity to sharpen his/her research skills and also have access to modern facilities and equipment required for a robust research work.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Canadian Government
Fellowship to be taken at: Canada
Fellowship Worth: $70,000 annually for two years
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at any host institution.
Study Level: Graduate (Postdoctoral)
Nationality: domestic and international students.
Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships | FEATURES
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
- the applicant – their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- the host institution – their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
- An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
- Applicants can be citizens of Canada or any other country across the world who is passionate about training as a postdoctoral fellow in Canada.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor and master’s degree from a recognized university across the world.
- Applicants must have prior knowledge about research with proven track record attested to by a scholarly publication.
- Applicants should be proficient in the use of English language and must also demonstrate strong leadership ability.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the regulations governing the conducts of fellows at the host universities.
- How-to-Apply: To apply for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022, applicants are to begin by seeking endorsement from the host institution, prepare and submit application as different host institutions may have internal deadlines.
- Applicants are to ensure that they attach relevant supporting documents to their application and submit same before the application deadline.
- Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR); the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC); the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023