KAAD Masters/PhD Degree Scholarships in Germany
Are you a post-graduate or academic with professional experience interested in pursuing postgraduate studies or research stays in Germany? The KAAD scholarships are for you!
About the Scholarship
The KAAD scholarships are open to citizens of selected developing or emerging countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America who want to pursue a master’s degree or PhD at a German university, or conduct a post-doctoral research project at a German university.
The scholarship program is offered twice a year, with deadlines for the September selection on June 30th and for the March selection on January 15th. There is no specified number of scholarships available.
While there is no specific subject-preference, the selection board favors courses and subjects that they believe to be of significance for the applicant’s home country. Catholic applicants are given preference, but candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and demonstrate a commitment to interreligious dialogue.
The scholarship is offered by German Universities and Higher Education Institutions.
The scholarship value and inclusions are not specified.
To apply for the KAAD scholarship program 1, applicants must:
- Be from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- Have a university degree and professional experience from their home country
- Want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- Be a Catholic Christian (or belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- Possess German language skills before starting their studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany)
Applications for the KAAD scholarship program 1 are channeled through partner committees in focus and partner countries. Applicants should visit the relevant webpage to view eligibility requirements and application procedures specific to their region.
To apply for the scholarship, complete applications for the September selection must be submitted by June 30th and for the March selection by January 15th.
For detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, visit the official scholarship website at https://www.kaad.de/en/stipendien/stipendienprogramm-1.