Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship which is available for international undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University for 2023 – 2024 academic session.
The Undergraduate Open Scholarship recognizes and supports undergraduate students who are highly qualified academically and awards scholarships to students on a term by term basis. No application is required; students who meet eligibility criteria are considered for the Open Scholarship automatically.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Host Institution(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Simon Fraser Undergraduate Open Scholarship | DETAILS
The Undergraduate Open Scholarship is limited to students enrolled in courses at SFU and pursuing a first degree. It will expire when your total accumulated units (including transfer units) exceed by 10% the minimum number of units required to complete the degree program in which you are enrolled.
For example, if your major program requires 120 units to graduate you will become ineligible when your total accumulated credit and transfer credit exceeds 131 units.
A student holding an on-going SFU Entrance Scholarship is not eligible for any other University administered scholarship until the entrance scholarship is fully paid out. This policy applies to any term in which an entrance scholarship is deferred.
To be eligible for Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enrol in full-time degree program
- Applicants who successfully completed at least 30 units of courses at SFU.
- Applicants must have an SFU cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.67 or higher.
- Applicants must have a minimum term GPA of 3.50 in the last term of enrolment.
- Applicants must have been enrolled in one of the last three terms.
- Completed at least 30 units of courses at SFU over the last three terms of enrolment in such courses. For students who fall short of the 30 units requirement because one term’s enrolment was in a single course of five units or fewer, the last four terms will be considered and that term of one course will be set aside in determining unit and term GPA eligibility.
- A student with a disability who is approved to study at a reduced course load must complete at least 30 units of courses at SFU over the last five terms of enrolment in such courses. The student is required to submit a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship are hereby inform that No application is required. Eligible undergraduate students will be notified by email no later than the end of the third week of classes.
Application Deadline: Not Specified